Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Pop goes the bubble.


Where to begin...?
I'm feeling a bit deflated right now.
Firstly, for a few reasons, I have had to make the unbearably difficult decision to defer my Tour Divide attempt until next year or possibly even 2018. Currently, in my head, I'm aiming for next year but that can only be decided over the next few months.
Primarily because I've got to move house pretty much right in the middle of what would have been my 2016 Tour Divide race. This has been on the cards, as a possibility, for a couple of years but this week, unfortunately, it has become a reality. I could maybe go out and just do the race but I want it to be part of a bigger adventure and I don't really want to be under pressure with difficult time constraints. I want to enjoy the adventure.
I've invested too much financially, physically, and emotionally not to do it.
Of course it's not the end of the world, life throws curve-balls at us all the time and you have to roll with it, it just feels like a bit of a weight right now.
But it's also exciting in other ways; as one door closes and all that stuff. The last time I reached a cross roads in my life I ended up living in France for the best part of two years managing a fishery complex, so hey-ho. My current work contract runs until September and maybe I'll go off on a different adventure after that? Who knows? The next few months are an uncertain time for me but getting stressed out about it won't change it or make it any easier. The world keeps turning and I'll keep on chasing the rainbow.

Stick around and we'll share the journey together :)

The Tour Divide is a fantastic race. This year see's quite a few British riders taking part. 
Alpkiteers Tom (11 years old) and Rich Seipps are doing it on a tandem and speed demon Guy Martin is also taking part, amongst others.

You will be able to follow their live progress from friday 10th of June using the link below.

Tour Divide Live Tracking



No comments:

Post a Comment