Monday, August 21, 2017

On the Up.


My post-op recovery seems to be going OK. It's only been a week and a half admittedly, but the pain has receded considerably and is more like a nagging toothache now.
I've been out walking quite a bit and I've had a few sessions on the turbo-trainer just to try and keep some fitness (and relieve the intense boredom).
Today I decided it was time to try a tentative cross-country run, so I popped out for an hour and ran gently on some familiar local paths. It was good actually, I enjoyed myself, and I was able to keep my arm stable in the sling, and, importantly, strain and pain free. I planned to do about 5km but ended up doing 8.5km. I had fun with a feisty Alpaca (not generally native to Derbyshire), carefully avoided some grumpy looking cows who eyeballed me with considerable suspicion (they had young calves), and spotted some beautiful looking wild flowers in a small woodland.  It was quite eventful.


The next three months will likely be a slow build up back to normal mobility. The surgeon suggested I might be able to get out cycling (on road) after about six weeks; that's something I'm looking forward to. I won't however rush proceedings in any way, I want to recover fully and without incident.
This week I have my first consultation with the physiotherapist and also my first post-op assessment with the Consultant Surgeon. I'll keep you posted on the outcomes.
As a means of alleviating the intense boredom further I am off to the Isle of Wight for a few days to visit my twin sister Helen. It's high time I went really, she's been living there for four years :D

My grumpy face. I'm not a fan of sitting on a turbo-trainer.
You can also follow Chase The Rainbow here:


Thank you for looking, see you soon.
Please don't forget to Like, Share, and Comment, if you enjoyed it :)

Consume less, live more. Plant more trees.


No comments:

Post a Comment