Saturday, October 7, 2017

Stop all the clocks...

Darren Holloway 1970-2012.
Why would one year be different to the next? Isn't it strange how we put significance to some numbers more than others, when, in fact, they are really just numbers?
Today doesn't feel like just a number.
The wind outside is howling through the trees. The sky, although not quite leaden, is brooding with the threat of rain; and yet, just occasionally, the sun pops through to briefly brighten the spirit.
It is five years today since Darren died.
It is one of those significant anniversaries, one of those significant numbers. Insignificant to all but those who knew and loved him, significant to me.
I'm being battered by that wind today, a hurricane of emotions cloud my every thought. A deluge of tears threaten to sweep me away at any moment. And yet, just occasionally, the sun pops through the clouds and saves me, a memory of Daz; a fleeting glimpse of a moment shared, to lift me up and remind me that, although he is lost to us, he is still with us every day in our hearts and minds.
Darren, my cousin, was a Fell Runner who fell, running, high upon the Fairfield Horsehoe on October 7th 2012.

You may have slipped the surly bonds of earth my brother, but the bond around our hearts grows stronger with each passing day. We love you DazH. Dig in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can also follow Chase The Rainbow here:


Thank you for looking, see you soon.
Please don't forget to Like, Share, and Comment, if you enjoyed it :)

Consume less, live more. Plant more trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment