Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Review: Alpkit Morphosis - first look.


I called in at Alpkit on my return from Nepal to check out their new Morphosis Jacket. I was so impressed with it that I also bought the Half-Zip Top too.
My old Softshell has started to see better days and I was looking to replace it. The Morphosis is Alpkit's modern slant on the classic softshell. It's classic Alpkit - all function and no faff, just how I like my gear.
It's made from a breathable, wind resistant, DWR coated outer material that has a bit of stretch, and a 140gsm micro-gridded fleece liner. The fleece liner is exempt from under the arms and the sides, ideal for heat control under exertion. The usual stuff like internal baffles and hem & hood adjustment are simple and effective. I'm a regular medium and the fit and cut are excellent.

With some foul weather on the near horizon I'm looking forward to giving them a rigorous test. I'll let you know how I fare in a couple of months. Below is a bit of information to be getting on with.


What Alpkit says:
"When a windshell is too sweaty and a fleece won’t cut out the wind on its own, that’s where the Morphosis comes into its own. The outer fabric is more breathable than a completely windproof shell, allowing 6 CFM of airflow, which is just about noticeable in the strongest of winds yet sacrifices little protection. Zoned gridded fleece leaves the under-arms and side panels uninsulated, letting you dump heat when working hard without losing wind protection.  
Finally, with lightweight construction, Morphosis accords you the freedom of movement necessary for natural climbing, running, riding, and wild arm-swinging. 

The Morphosis can be worn over a base layer in warmer temperatures and for high output activities like trail running, or layered over a fleece for colder conditions and slower work rates".





You can follow Alpkit here:


You can also follow Chase The Rainbow here:


Thank you for looking, see you soon.
Please don't forget to Like, Share, and Comment, if you enjoyed it :)

Consume less, live more. Plant more trees.



No comments:

Post a Comment